- power adjustable from 2-6 strengths
- pre set at a factory 3 setting
- weight versatility to go from 50kg up to 150kg
- delayed action feature that works from an opening of 180 degrees to 70 degrees, stays open at 70 degrees for a short period to allow access and then proceeds at normal speed to closing
- suitable for standard and parallel arm fixings with both arms supplied in the box
- delayed action feature built in
- fully adjustable closing & latching speed controls
- fully adjustable backcheck feature
- fire rated
- non handed
- can be ordered with a hold open function
- contains all season fluid to eliminate the need for seasonal adjustment
- low opening resistance making it ideal for the elderly
Spare parts available:
- Drop plate available for narrow frame glass doors
- Hold open arm
CLOSING POWER ADJUSTMENT
Spring Power adjustable according to door weight and width, 2 through 6 + 15% over ANSI A156. 4, 2 through 5 + 35% over EN1154. Refer to installation instructions. Factory preset size 3 standard installation.
LATCHING POWER ADJUSTMENT
By changing the position of the frame arm on the foot bracket closing force at the latch can be increased or decreased.This can be achieved with the foot bracket in position.
LOW OPENING RESISTANCE/HIGHER EFFICIENCY
A precise production for every components based on Ryobi’s original qualitiy control system realized higher efficiency of almost 70% at the average of all ranges and decreased opening resistance to the lowest for eldery and handicapped persons.
D-3550 Series Door Closers can be used on both RH and LH doors for both push side and pull side mountings.
FULL HYDRAULIC CONTROL
Controls the door through the entire opening and closing cycles by providing adjustable backcheck upon opening and adjustable general and latch speed through the closing cycle. A separate hydraulic valve allows adjustment to delay the closing speed from 180 to 70 degrees of door opening range.
A backcheck feature set and adjusted by an independent valve. When introduced the backcheck stalls the opening of the door around 70 degrees. When doors are violently opened by pedestrians or wind, the backcheck feature reduces the likelihood of damage should contact be made with an adjacent wall or obstacle. For busy doors in public building, schools and colleges this facility protects people and property.
OPTIONAL DELAYED ACTION
An optional delayed action feature adjusted by means of an independent valve. Once set , the door – when opened beyond 70 degrees enters into a delayed mode allowing additional time before the closing. Delayed time can be adjusted to vary from seconds to minutes depending on the angle to which the door is opened. Delayed Closing Action is an advantage to : Nursing staff assisting patients, Domestic staff pushing meals or maintenance trolleys, and the elderly or infirm walking with sticks or frames under supervision.
FOR FIRE DOOR
D-3550 Series Door Closers have been successfully type-tested for conformity to all of the requirements of EN1154 ( including EN1634 Part. 1 )
ALL SEASON FLUID
All season fluid eliminates the need for seasonal adjustment.
PERIODIC HOLD OPEN
None required other than to check security of fixings on a regular basis.
The non handed, optional hold open arm allows the door to be held open at any angles between 70 and 180 degrees.
The cam and bearing type hold open mechanism ensures adequate hold open force by adjustable hold open force.